Monday, March 24, 2008

Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen

Garth Brooks has said for some time that Trisha Yearwood, or “Miss Yearwood” as he calls her, is a terrific cook. Set for release April 8, Georgia Cooking In An Oklahoma Kitchen is co-written by her mother, Gwen Yearwood, and sister, Beth Yearwood Bernard. And the forward is written by Garth himself. “Georgia Cooking” includes 120 recipes, plus stories about her food experiences with Garth. One of those episodes turned out to be a comedic adventure.
“I made fettuccini alfredo, which is one of my favorite things, but it’s very rich. And I must have put too much parmesan cheese or something in the sauce because, by the time I got it all together, it was like so thick you couldn’t really get it around the fork, you know? And he was being so nice, ‘cause he’s a gentleman, and he ate … as much as I think he could. And it was so rich that I thought he was gonna fall asleep in his plate.” He didn’t. Instead, Garth retired to the couch, where he immediately conked out for several hours. “That,” Trisha laughed, “was kind of a disaster in that I had to learn not to make it like that again.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If she can cook as well as she sings....Let me say only this: It's gonna be a HIT